It’s the last post of April, so time to report on my accomplishments for the month.
My plans for April consisted of a few leftovers from March and a theme of “green.” So how’d I do?
Finish the projects for my home and work offices
I just can’t seem to motivate myself to complete the last few details for prettying up my work office. But my home office is getting much more organized and looking much prettier.
Add organizers to the new dresser and start filling the drawers– Done April 27 Make bulletin boards for my homeand work offices – One done April 20
- Recover the shade from my work office desk lamp
Don’t spend any green (on the house)
- I didn’t spend any money on the house (I had purchased all of the supplies for my office projects long ago). In fact, I didn’t spend much money at all… aside from a completely unnecessary parking ticket. Country girl goes to the city and forgets the side of the street you can park on depends on whether you’re in the first or second half of the month… argh.
- We spent a whole lot of green on the solar panels. As much as it hurt to write the massive cheque, we were very happy that we were able to pay for them in full without borrowing any money.
Go with green projects
- The solar panels are obviously about as green as we can get. Our hook-up was delayed by one day, but on Friday the inspector cleared us, and we were connected to the grid.
- For my office projects, I was able to reuse some supplies I already had like spray paint, fabric and the boxes I made into dividers.
Start planning for a green (outdoor) project
- At the start of the month, I said that I’d like to get a few quotes to see if it’s possible to get some help to clear the brush from the east shore of the pond. I’m not going to be hiring any help until our bank account recovers from the solar payment, so I’m back to DIYing it. Anyone have a bush hog I can borrow?
- On the DIY front, two gardens have been weeded. Two more gardens have been de-edged of stones. Some of the grass has been raked. Brush has been cleared off of about half the vegetable garden area. And our free trees have been planted.
When I set my goals for April, I said that I was giving myself a bit of a break. Last Saturday afternoon, I actually crawled into bed and took a nap–unheard of for me. Even though I gave myself permission to take it a bit easier this month, I still feel I did a lot in April.
What did you do in April? Who else is getting organized? Going green? Saving money?