Matt and I went on a shopping spree this weekend, hitting up three Value Village stores (a big second-hand chain here in Ontario) and bringing home a decent haul of thrifted items. Looking at my purchases, I am forced to conclude that I am a very eclectic shopper.
Clockwise from top left:
- Black velvet blazer – A garment I’ve wanted for awhile and that I know will be handy.
- Eagle statue – This is going to be a “hawk,” the mascot at my work. I’m going to spraypaint it and display it at my work office.
- Chandelier – Going to try and transform this into a light fixture for the foyer.
- Cutlery tray – Fits perfectly in the drawer of the dresser I made over for a nook in my office (a post on this project will be coming as soon as I get the drawers organized)
- Binders – I organize all of my recipes in binders, but the ones I have are pretty full. It has been surprisingly difficult to find very plain simple binders.
- Flags – Ontario (which we’d like to fly every so often) and Canada (which we fly always)
How do you approach thrifting? Is it a free-for-all, or are you looking for specific items? What is your favourite thrift store?