Sarah in Illinois is here today with an update on how she’s done on her monthly projects.
If you have been keeping track, it’s been three months since I announced that I was setting a goal of one project a month. So how have I done?
Let’s start with Blitz’s house.
It’s painted, and that was my goal. I really thought that I would have the roof shingled too, but that didn’t get done. For the paint, I used some concrete floor latex epoxy that we had sitting around. It would not have been my first choice if I went to the store and picked it out, but I think it will work very well. And the epoxy will help protect it from the weather.
My second project is by far my favorite and the one I am most proud of. I told you that we had sneakily taken my grandma’s St. Francis statue from her yard.
It was starting to crack and the paint was faded and flaking. When I last posted about it I showed a little progress.
Yes, that really is the same statue.
I want to maybe touch up his facial features a little, but I can say that I am very happy with the outcome, and I can’t wait to give it back to my grandma.
And since I love a good before and after:
For my final project from my list I was supposed to prime and paint our hallway. I will call it about 75% complete.
It is primed, and I did start painting, but I really thought I had more paint left. If I have more, I sure as heck can’t find it. So I will take what little info I remember about it (it is semigloss and the color is called Toll Booth), and I will go back to where I got it and hope they can mix me up some more. I am frustrated because the color runs throughout our house and if for some reason I can’t find a match I am going to have quite a problem.
So there you have it, not completely done, but I have made some headway. I love having this goal out here in the public because it made me focus on my three projects and not get distracted like I so often do.
To keep motivated I will set my next three months goals in my next post. You can be assured that they will be garden related.
Good job, Sarah. That statue looks amazing. Your grandmother will be so surprised. That’s really special. I’ve done the paint colour match thing before, and it’s worked out fairly well. Just to be safe, I suggest trying to make the “break” at a corner or other dividing point.